Peace is a state of stillness, tranquility, harmony, or serenity. A freedom of the mind from agitation, annoyance, distraction, anxiety, warring, or obsession. It is also a state or condition available to people and nations, but not all possesses it.
In the absence of Peace, chaos, or agitation, anxiety, fear, and war, is often the order of the day for the person or nation devoid of peace. We all know the repercussions of such anti-peace/peaceful states. They result in confusion, disorder, disorientation, discord, and utter disarray. Without peace, we can do things haphazardly, make decisions in a rash, and take actions that we ought not to take.
“For God is not a God of disorder but of peace …” (1 Corinthians 14:33)
I propose to you that it is possible to be in peace in the midst of chaos. It is a state of being and knowing that Hod is in control and whatever has come to disturb our peace will soon surely pass away. We abide in the state of peace by the help of the Holy Spirit. And by asking for it. Seek peace and pursue it (1 Peter 3:11b)
Many desire peace and freedom in their minds but don’t know how to obtain it. As with most life conditions, we can be peacefully born and grow peacefully. But for those of us who were not born or growing peacefully, do not despair, we can be gifted. Because Peace is one of the fruits of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22)
I acknowledge that some life experiences could and may have thwarted or disturbed one’s peace, and there are those who have been medically diagnosed with one or more types of mental illnesses or disorders such as anxiety, depression, panic, or some other type of phobia. This post is not to belittle mental diagnosis. God forbid. I acknowledge that it is real. But the post is to offer it as help, in conjunction with any medical, psychiatric, or therapeutic treatments, as I believe that God is able to heal anyone through, and by, His Words.
“He sent out his word and healed them; ...” (Psalms 107:20)
As a digress, a well-rounded individual will develop him/herself in six main areas. These are spiritually, mentally, financially, physically, socially, and emotionally. (Post for another day)
Jesus is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). He left us the Holy Spirit (John 14:26) as our helper in every state. Everything is available to us, but we still have to ask. “He will keep (you) in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in Him.” (Isaiah 26:3) .
How to: 27 Scriptures To Help
If you desire His Peace, again, you have to ask Him and remind Him of His promises. If we don’t know His promises, how do we know what to ask for?
Fear attacks even the best of us. We can acknowledge that we are afraid, but it’s not okay to stay afraid or fearful for life. You have to desire to want out of the fear. You might know the cause (source or root) of the fear. Great if you do; for example, did you hear something or someone said something fearful or you watched some sad and fearful incident. It’s helpful as it helps to pray specifically against the object of fear. Whether the root of fear is recognizable and know or not, reading these scriptures will help to allay those fears. God’s Words are Spirit and life (John 6:63b). It will not return to God without accomplishing that which it was sent to (Isaiah 55:11). Personalize the scriptures as you deem necessary. For example, “I will not be anxious for anything, I cast my cares on Him, Your peace you left with me, etc. Since we are all different, some might not finish reading the 27 verses before they return to a state of Peace. Others, might have to read them more than once. Read them regularly and as often as you desire.
I have compiled the following 27 God’s Words (aka scriptures or verses) regarding Peace to aid you. They are in the New International Version (NIV). I pray that they minister to you. “May the peace of Christ rule in your hearts” (Colossians 3:15)
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 55:22)
- I (Jesus) have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. …” (John 16:33a)
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
- ”Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” (Matthew 5:9)
- “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.” (Psalms 4:8)
- ”May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)
- “… And the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:9b)
- “Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. (Hebrews 12:14)
- ”The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.”(Isaiah 32:17-18)
- ”Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.”(James 3:18)
- ”When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you.”(Luke 10:5-6)
- … the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.” (Romans 8:6)
- “”There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”” (Isaiah 48:22)
- “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” (Romans 12:18)
- ”Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:3)
- “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” (Psalms 119:165)
- “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” (Psalms 34:14)
- “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. (Romans 14:19)
- “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation (peace) brought me joy.” (Psalms 94:19)
- “For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,” (Ephesians 2:14)
- “A heart at peace gives life to the body, …” (Proverbs 14:30)
- “When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them.” (Proverbs 16:7)
- “Those who walk uprightly enter into (Your) Peace; …” (Isaiah 57:2)
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”(Matthew 6:34)
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- “It is to one’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.” (Proverbs 20:3)
My Prayer of Peace for You
- May the Lord of Peace Himself turn His face towards you, give you and bless you with His peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” (Numbers 6:26, 2 Thessalonians 3:16), Psalms 29:11b
- May His mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.” (Jude 1:2)
- May all your children be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace.” (Isaiah 54:13)
“Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.” (2 Corinthians 13:11, Romans 15:33)
You must be logged in to post a comment.